Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thanksgiving Hunt II

I was at about 100 yds. away from my feeder, and had a Marlin 30-30 with a 4x scope. Me and Brian had gotten settled in our stand, about 10-15 minutes passed and we spotted a doe off to our left. So we were watching her ( she was on the other side of a fence) and another appears. So we waited for them to cross the fence. They cautiously crossed the fence, came to the feeder ,and well, did what any red-blooded whitetail doe would do, started eating. So I shot At the bigger one (and as much as this hurts) MISSED!!! So I quickley reloaded, shot again, and hit her. So Brian and I went drug her off, got back in the stand... and waited. Meanwhile the seccond doe Stayed around ( well she shyed away first) soon another doe came along. I shot her ,and she dropped in her tracks never to move again.Oh, I find it interesting, she could not move because I shot her in the backbone...instant,painless, death.Anyhu, right as I shot her Brian saw a spike, and ,ofcourse I shot him. Three deer total. Thirty minutes. Not bad.Well there it is.

No comments: